Monday 15 July 2013

Kiama's Charm - no.7

The following day we visited some of the waterfalls at Yosemite. This one is for obvious reasons called Bridalveil Falls.



It made me think about Kiama's request one day, a few years ago: "Mum, I would like you to help me making my own wedding dress. I want a vintage dress with tea dyed old lace, scraps of fabric and sepia photographs of my childhood in it." She didn't even had a boyfriend at the time but was already fantasising about her dress.
Of course it also reminds me of my own wedding, although I didn't have a bridal veil. It will be our 25th wedding anniversary this August, another celebration without Kiama.



We followed the trail up to the base of the waterfall and on the way down we stopped  to sit near the lower stream to hang a charm on the exposing roots of a tree. It was very busy with tourists walking up and down the path, so John had to do it quickly, pretending to have a rest and admire the rocks in the stream


and me quickly making a photo for the record.


For me it's all about Tao and the elements  - the path, the rocks and stones, water, wind (metal), wood and the fire of the sun. Yin/Yang - Everything changes - no-thing stays the same. Only Love will be forever, unchanged and eternal, giving life to all existence.

1 comment:

Gina said...

I'm really enjoying reading these posts Catherina.